Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Latest from Elder Dixon

Ian has transferred to Santiago. Today he told me a bit about the city. It's the largest in the mission but second largest in the country. He's been fortunate that every apt/house he's lived in has had running water and plumbing. I think I may have mentioned though that the people in DR don't take hot or even warm showers...it's all cold!! Ian tells them they don't know what they're missing with a nice hot shower. This pic is a reunion of Ian and his first companion...his trainer Elder Tams. He really liked Elder Tams and was glad he got to see him as Elder Tams is heading home after this final transfer. Ian is almost to his year mark...on the 21st it'll be officially one year! He's doing well and has had several baptisms and loves the work. He's reading Jesus the Christ and is encouraging me to read it too. Ian looks good doesn't he!! I'm quite proud of him!

No comments: