Monday, April 9, 2012

This blissful life

Wow...I read in our Sunday paper's Parade this weekend about a family who really really suffered.  They've endured though and they keep going.  So, I've thinking that one just never knows what the future holds.  We get very comfortable in our lives and are blessed with family, good health and more than we could ever want for.  And, while we may be thankful, I want to be even more thankful and not take what I have for granted at all.  It gets all too easy to just enjoy everything we have and the thought of losing much of what we have just doesn't even cross our minds.  I don't think we need to  live in fear that we could possibly lose everything at any minute.  But, I want to truly be grateful each and every day and express my gratitude more often.  The excuse of living on auto pilot, which is really easy to do, isn't a good enough excuse.  I drive a lot, back and forth, taking kids here and there.  I shop for food, I make the lunches and dinners...I clean the house and do the laundry...and sometimes I find myself growing tired.  Well...I need to snap out of it because heaven forbid is something ever happened...I would find myself wishing I could just drive a kid somewhere, or make their lunch and dinner.  I don't always enjoy what I'm doing at the moment, but I love doing what I'm doing.  I love being a mom.  I love knowing that I'm a daughter of God.  I love that God has been forgiving and patient and I can do the same.  I really do love my family and they do bring me my greatest bliss.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

I love you Mama and am so grateful for all you do!